Starving Poet Crystal Dawn

Just a hopeful broke girl, trying to make a living as a poet. Funny, huh? This is a diary of my thoughts and artistic searches on the web. Author of The Sensitive Callous

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday in the Hole

SK and I have finally made a little bit of progress with our new art and literature topsite, but it has a long way to go. I still have much work to do on it, and SK is working on the graphics for buttons and to make it look more appealing. Hopefully, it will be totally on track within a couple of weeks.

Well, for this month, my erotic poem, Ache, was published on Poetry Superhighway as the featured poet of the week. I hate to admit it, but I'm beginning to like them less and less. I know they are a big site, but if you submit to them, they always send you emails about updates or new announcements. I don't like my inbox flooded, but sites like these love to do just that. I also had a publisher ask me if I wanted to be published. Hello... Did you read my biography? I just got my first book published! It was a self-publishing company, where you have to pay to get your work published. That's not my cup of tea.
I also posted Prayer for the UnMother and my Christian poem, Comfort of Your Arms on AllPoetry. Their site is okay, but it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.
I also had a new page put up on Poetry in a Cup. I like them. They are a very personal group.

I also updated my site some today, but not exactly where it needs to be. I have lots more work to do.

I went to visit my boyfriend yesterday, since he's still in jail. Well, he must have gotten angry and "went off" like he kept telling me he was going to do. He's in the hole. From what I understand, it's a place where he is confined to himself in a room. He says he actually enjoys the hole, because he finally gets some privacy and doesn't have to worry about all the other guys making a bunch of noise so he can't sleep. Sleeping is definitely one of his ways of coping with the stress. It's not wonderfully healthy, but he doesn't have that many choices right now.

I just hope this doesn't add more time to his sentence. I found out that the time he's spent in jail should go to the programs he's supposed to be in. He gets "time credits" so that his time in jail doesn't go to waste. Well, I never got to explain that to him to ease his mind. So, when he calls me, he'll get an earfull for letting his agitation and impatience get to him. I wonder what he did to get in the hole. I have a feeling he either didn't back down from a deputy when one of them decided to get spiteful or forceful with him, or some other prisoner antagonized him or stole something of his. He's not a violent person, but he can get aggressive when pushed. I've always tried to subdue him when talking with him, but we haven't had too much communication lately so he can ground himself on what's important.

Life would be so much easier if I hadn't fallen in love with a criminal. But we fit each other so perfectly in personalities. He is strong where I am weak, and I am weak where he is strong. After almost 2 years, his smile still makes me melt.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger my blog said...

nice info


PHP Tutorials

 

Post a Comment

<< Home