Starving Poet Crystal Dawn

Just a hopeful broke girl, trying to make a living as a poet. Funny, huh? This is a diary of my thoughts and artistic searches on the web. Author of The Sensitive Callous

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Demolition

Just when I think things are at their worst, another circumstance jolts me into reality.

Yesterday, construction workers came into my apartment complex and started busting down walls. Without any prior notice, we were told that the entire building was being renovated and all tenants must be out by November 30th.

I called the landlord today, and she explained the same story, saying our notices were in the mail. On top of all that, she tells me that I'm not even supposed to be in my apartment right now due to backrent. I have been a month behind on my rent since February and receive court papers for eviction every month, but I've been paying all the late fees and rent just the same since February, so I never got kicked out.

Since a new landlord took over on October 1st, I was told to pay my October rent and that they would tell me what to do about backrent as soon as possible. I phoned the landlord four times, and she said she would come by to see me twice, and never showed up. Now, they say that since I didn't pay September's rent, I will be ordered to vacate the premises within three days of them, filing the paperwork. So, they intentionally did this to make it earlier than November 30th to kick me out. I was niave enough to believe them.

They call it "cleaning up the area." Shooting us would be an easier resolution to getting rid of the "trash" poor people in America, but they have schemes and papers so that it is all legal and to save their own public face. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Sometimes, the only difference I see between Saddam's Iraq and Bush's America is one oppresses blatantly, and one does everything under the table... finding those loopholes to benefit themselves and hurt the less fortunate. And people wonder why lower incomed people seem to always have a chip on their shoulder.

Right now, I don't know where I'll end up, but my dear friend James is helping me. I owe him the world. He's done so much for me in the past and has never asked for anything in return. I wish everyone had a James in their lives. One day, I will be able to repay him for all his compassion.

Well, it's time for me to finish packing and set sail for a new destination.
Until then, keep dreaming with one foot on the ground.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger my blog said...

nice blog




Debt Girl

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger my blog said...

well nice info


PHP Tutorials

 

Post a Comment

<< Home